Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Awards Given

This past weekend I have my reserve weekend and found an envelop on my desk with my awards for the Milgraph (Military Graphics) competition that was judged in Feb 08. Although I only got an honorable mention for animation and illustration, the competition is against full timers/active duty folks in all 5 services which includes the coast guard. Not that to many people could give a crap but yeah! for me!!!

On a second note I went around base and took photos with my new Nikon D90 just looking for those artsy fartsy shoots that are so overlooked. I found beautiful fall colors up on "reserve hill" where the army keeps alot of stuff in metal containers. I came across some rolls of razor wire with fallen leaves and a berry plant growing out of them. Nice shots which I played with in Lightroom and photoshop.

No comments: